Wellness is an aspect of health cost management that focuses efforts on maximizing an employee’s general health.
Be Well specializes in worksite health promotion to provide the tools employees need to improve their health today and avoid problems down the road.
The professionals at Be Well improve overall health through personalized on-site and off-site programs directed at disease prevention, disease assistance (management), health education, participation incentives and plan design modification.
Wellness is an investment in human capital. Employees are more likely to be on the job and performing well when they are in optimal or improved physical and psychological health. Scientific research supports the association between a company's productivity and the health of its employees:
- A review of 73 published studies of worksite health promotion programs shows an average $3.50-to-$1 savings-to-cost ratio in reduced absenteeism and health care cost.
- A meta-review of 42 published studies of worksite health promotion programs shows:
- Average 28% reduction in sick leave absenteeism
- Average 26% reduction in health costs
- Average 30% reduction in workers’ compensation and disability management claims costs
- Average $5.93-to-$1 savings-to-cost ratio