Thoughtful and Healthy Gift Ideas
Even the most creative gift-givers need a little inspiration when it comes to planning the perfect holiday gift. Here’s a list of health-minded gift ideas for the special people in your life.
Cooking or knife skills classes—Solidify their kitchen confidence and ability to prepare healthy foods with a certificate to a cooking or knife skills class.
New sneakers or workout clothes—A new workout outfit or exercise shoes can give us the push in confidence we need to start (or continue) a regular exercise regimen.
Kitchen tools—Consider a new set of cooking utensils, a carbonated water maker, a cold brew coffee maker, an immersion blender, a food processor, a high-speed blender, an immersion blender, or a spiralizer.
A new cookbook—Look for titles written by Registered Dietitians for healthful recipes along with legitimate nutrition advice.
High-quality olive oil or aged balsamic vinegar—Consult with an expert at your local olive oil retailer to find the best variety for the recipient.
Fresh fruit and vegetable delivery box—Search for a local community supported agriculture (CSA) or similar produce delivery service and request a one-time gift purchase. This is an excellent option for people who like to try new foods.
Yoga mat—People who regularly practice yoga, especially power yoga, could always add another mat to their rotation! Other yoga props, like blocks, bolsters, and towels, make great gifts too.
A gift certificate to a gym or fitness class—Know your recipient has a fitness-related resolution? Gift a pass to a new workout studio.
Healthy gift basket ideas
- Healthy breakfast basket: Steel cut oats or muesli, nut butter or whole nuts, dried fruit, chia seed or ground flaxseed, mandarin oranges, apples, cinnamon, coffee or tea
- Olive oil and vinegar basket: High-quality olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, reusable olive oil dispenser, whole grain baguette, seasoning blend to make dipping oil
- Tea drinker’s basket: Variety of loose leaf tea, reusable mug, tea infuser, tea towel, stovetop or electric kettle
- Coffee drinker’s basket: Whole bean or ground coffee, French press, a reusable ceramic mug, reusable travel mug
- Cooking basket: Wood cutting board, chef’s knife, rubber spatula set, oven mitt, dried spice set, flavored oil
- Fitness basket: Compact gym bag/tote, reusable water bottle, sweat towel, workout socks, resistance band set, water-resistant SPF, foam roller, combination lock (for gym locker)