Dietetic Internship Program
What is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)?
The Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) is the nutrition expert. The RDN is the only healthcare professional qualified to provide nutrition advice with a clinical perspective. In order to earn the RDN credential, an individual must complete 5 steps:
- Complete a bachelor’s degree and receive a verification statement from an ACEND-accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics
- Complete an ACEND-accredited supervised practice Dietetic Internship program
- Minimum 1200 supervised practice hours
- Didactic learning to support supervised practice hours
- Pass the national Commission on Dietetic Registration’s dietetic registration examination
- Gain licensure in state of practice
- Maintain continuing education
Why Does Be Well Solutions Have A Dietetic Internship Program?
Be Well Solutions values improving the health of not only our clients’ employee population but improving the health of the public. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists play a critical role in educating the public with evidenced-based and clinically sound nutrition advice for overall health, wellness and disease prevention. Be Well Solutions recognizes a need for an increased number of RDNs to help lower the prevalence of obesity, heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes. To aid in the effort of chronic disease prevention, Be Well Solutions developed a Dietetic Internship program.
Role of RDNs at Be Well Solutions
A primary goal of Be Well Solutions is to improve the health of our client’s employee population. We provide wellness services that target disease prevention, early detection, and healthy aging with a focus on risk management, behavioral intervention and consumer education. This cannot be accomplished without the contribution of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. Be Well Solutions believes RDNs make the best health educators. RDNs perform the following functions for Be Well Solutions:
- Evaluating biometric results with individuals at health screenings
- Onsite or telephonic nutrition counseling sessions
- Developing and Presenting nutrition-related seminars
- Creation of nutrition related wellness campaigns
- Creation and presentation of educational cooking demonstrations
- Monthly recipes with accurate nutritional information for our newsletter
- Assistance with strategic wellness program planning
- Nutrition environmental assessment of organizations
- And more!