Needing a PSL? Fall brings around the ever-devoured and sought after Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL). However, a drive through the Starbucks coffee line will have you consuming nearly 14 grams of fat and 50 grams of sugar. Instead, opt for making your own PSL at home with brewed hot coffee and low-calorie dairy free milk.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
- 8 ounces brewed coffee or 1-2 shots of espresso
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or sweetener of choice
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- With a handheld frother or blender: In a cup or saucepan, mix together almond milk and pumpkin and cook over medium heat on the stove top or microwave for 35-45 seconds.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, spices and sweetener, place in a cup and use a frother to foam the milk. You can also use a blender by running the mixture for 30 seconds or until foamy.
- Pour coffee into a large mug, add the foamy milk, and sprinkle with cinnamon. Enjoy!
Per serving– Calories: 83, Carbohydrates: 13 grams, Protein: 1 grams, Fat: 1 gram