Eat Right, Bite by Bite
March is National Nutrition Month® and the theme this year is to Eat Right, Bite by Bite. This theme reminds us that making small changes, one bite at a time, can help lead you to an overall healthier lifestyle.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics encourages you during National Nutrition Month® to focus on the themes below.
Week 1: Eat a variety of nutritious foods every day!
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read the Nutrition Facts Panel.
- Practice portion control.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
Week 2: Plan your meals each week!
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Be menu-savvy when dining out.
- Choose healthful recipes to make during the week.
- Enjoy healthful eating at school and at work.
- Plan healthful eating while traveling.
Week 3: Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Keep healthful ingredients on hand.
- Practice proper home food safety.
- Share meals together as a family when possible.
- Reduce food waste.
- Try new flavors and foods.
Week 4: Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)!
- Reach out to a Be Well Solutions Registered Dietitian Nutritionist at email@example.com!
- Ask your doctor for a referral to an RDN.
- Receive personalized nutrition advice to meet your goal.
- Meet RDNs in a variety of settings throughout the community.
- Find an RDN who is specialized to serve your unique needs.
- Thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
To learn more about National Nutrition Month® visit the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website.