Sleep plays an important role in our physical and mental health. However, it can be tempting to stay up late to catch up on our favorite shows or wrap up a work project to meet a deadline. Sleep hygiene is essentially good sleep habits that promote consistent, uninterrupted sleep. Here are 6 simple steps for better sleep hygiene.
- Go to bed at the same time most nights of the week.
- Get up at the same time each morning.
- Make your bedroom dark and cool.
- Eliminate screen time 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Use white or brown noise or a fan to help you fall and stay asleep.
- Limit alcohol. It may help you fall asleep but may wake you up early.
See other articles in the Wellness for HR Professional SERIES: